In celebration of the most colourful festival of them all, Pride, here’s how to make our show-stopping Rainbow Smash…
1. Fill a tall fancy glass to the top with ice cubes.
2. Add 25ml of Smirnoff No.21 Vodka.
3. Top with soda.
4. Squeeze in the juice of half a ruby grapefruit. Don’t hold back, make sure you get all that wonderful juice in.
Have a sip, then get ready to make the mother of all garnishes.
5. Assemble your rainbow fruits. We’ve gone with strawberries, kumquats, lemons, limes, blueberries and blackberries.
6. Skewer your fruity spectrum, strawberry first, ’til it goes from the top to about halfway down.
7. Place the rainbow fruit kebab into the glass – fruit side up.
8. To complete this masterpiece, add some sliced orange, lime and lemon segments to the opposite side of the glass, in size order.
Step back and admire your creation. (But not for too long – you don’t want the ice to melt!)
Foodie Tip: If you can’t get hold of kumquats, go for a physalis berry or a peeled orange segment instead.
1 unit of alcohol per serving. Enjoy responsibly!