NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio — A 33-year-old North Olmsted man has died from flu, bringing the number of flu-related deaths this season to nine in Cuyahoga County, according to the county’s board of health.
Since December 2019, health officials documented 2,655 flu-related ER visits and 813 flu-related hospitalizations.
How to stop the flu from spreading
Here are some tips from the Ohio Department of Health that you can use to stop the spread of the flu:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth after touching objects – this is how germs are spread.
- Practice good habits like disinfecting surfaces, getting plenty of sleep, and managing stress.
- To read more from the Centers for Disease Control about influenza A virus and novel influenza virus, click here.