Posted December 3, 2019 10:43am
Photo Credit: https://pin.it/n4kbb4fo3hewx3
Before a serious relationship or marriage, couples tend to go to the moon and back for each other but afterwards, they tend to relax and think ‘why stress myself, I already have him/her and we are in love?’
Love as they say is really beautiful but never enough and with everything going on in this age and time, we are swayed by the rush and tend to get carried away. Many couples try their best to make things work; which is great because effort matters a lot in a relationship as they say, ‘it’s the thought that counts’ but you should go beyond the thoughts and do.
Come what may, here are six things you should never stop doing with your spouse:
- Physical touch: Always hug your partner, you do not have to input it in your calendar; just make it spontaneous when you see that your partner had a long day or is going through a tough time, just give him/her a very long hug. You might not think much of it but it means a lot.
- Communication: This does not even have to be explained, come to think of it, what will you and your partner be doing if you do not communicate? Always communicate your feelings, your hurts, your reservations, your agreement, your appreciation etc. do not assume that your partner will magically key into the communication box in your heart.
- Compliments: Always make a mental note of complimenting and appreciating your partner; never fail to let them how beautiful and handsome they are, never fail to acknowledge what they do by saying ‘thank you’.
- Support System: Never stop being a great support system, always have your partners back no matter what, let them realise that when the world comes crashing down you will be there to make things right.
- Surprise: Through your partner a little mind-blowing surprise here and there; when we say mind-blowing you do not have to break the bank; know your partner and know the little things that light up their day, month and year. Take each other out once in a while set out time to spoil each other silly.
- Laughter: Always laugh together; it makes you and your partner feel light and younger than your years. Do not get angry at your partner for a long time, sort out your grievances and laugh it off.
Written by Lola Akinseye