It was scary, I know. There were waves, it was loud, and it left you feeling uncertain. If you had words, you’d say, “I’m afraid.”
I promised it’d be okay.
I said it’s normal to be scared, but to do it anyway.
- Have fun.
- Jump right in.
- I’ll be here, always.
- Show them how brave you are.
>>Luna, I promise to repeat these words to you every time you’re scared.<<
I said them before you went into the pool.
- I’ll say them if you go to college.
- I’ll say them if you step on a stage.
- I’ll say them if you start a business.
- I’ll say them if you apply for a job.
- I’ll say them if you run for president of the United States.
May you—and every other daughter—be reminded of inner strength and the courage to move forward.