Want to play a game with me? Let’s play 2 Truths and a Lie!
I’ll give you 3 Instagram-related statements, and you have to guess the lie.
Ready? Let’s play!
- Hashtags can be posted in the caption or comments section for you to get discovered.
- A photo is enough to stop someone’s scroll on Instagram.
- Every caption should have a call to action at the end.
If you guessed #2 is the lie, you’re right Buttercup!
>>You may THINK your photo is enough to stop someone’s scroll on Instagram, but it isn’t. A great HOOK will seal the deal!<<
Using the right words in the beginning of your caption can cause followers to hit the brakes on scrolling to see what you have to say.
Below are 3 unique ways to write scroll-stopping captions on Instagram so you grab your audience’s attention, hook ‘em like a fish, and reel ‘em on in!
- Identify A Single Audience
A great way to hook your readers is to speak directly to them in the beginning of your caption.
- Calling all Quarantine Brides!
- Hey Hustler,
- Attention Home Buyers:
- Reveal A Juicy Share
Another way to stop your follower’s scroll is to let them in on an unexpected insight.
- Can I share a secret with you?
- I’m a little embarrassed to admit this…
- This might get awkward, but can you blame me for….
- Ask An Engaging Question
The third way to write scroll-stopping captions is by asking your audience a question they can’t resist.
- What are you doing this weekend?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Can you help me decide? Should I do X or Y?
There you have it, friend!
Now you’ll be capturing your readers’ attention, fostering engagement, and turning followers into customers.
Want more caption-writing tips? In my FREE Instagram Marketing Guide, you’ll get even MORE information on how to write scroll-stopping captions that will get people talking back to you, as well as have an actionable plan to get more engagement! Download the guide >>HERE<<.