It was just a dream…
It was January 5, 2010 when the first-ever MunaLuchi Bridal Magazine went on sale at Barnes and Noble’s across the country. It was a first… a disruptor…and a much-needed resource for our community.
You see, the magazine wasn’t just another bridal magazine. It was a symbol of hope and of unity for the multicultural wedding industry, which was non-existent at the time of our launch. It was a reminder that our weddings and events exist and deserve to be shown in the mainstream media. It was everything we prayed for times 100.
At the time of the launch, we did not know where our journey would lead us. We just knew that the magazine was needed and we led with the passion in our hearts.
Over the last ten years, we’ve seen tremendous growth with the MunaLuchii brand, and none of that would be possible without you — our MunaFamily.
Over the past decade, we’ve:
- Launched the 1st multicultural wedding magazine
- Produced over 21 gorgeous covers featuring black women and couples
- Created the 1st and largest directory of multicultural vendors – The Coterie
- Created the 1st wedding industry conference tailored for multicultural vendors – The Coterie Retreat
- Produced over 25 events across the country, Bahamas, UK, and Canada – Muna Love Affair
- Created a one-of-a-kind date night experience for engaged couples – MunaSerenade (Over 3000 couples have entered to win!)
- Launched MunaMommy – our multicultural motherhood site.
- Over 5.6 million reads of our Digital Issues.
- Over 29 million page views on our website
- 820,000+ social media followers
- 3.5 million+ monthly impressions on our Pinterest page
- Nearly 4000 articles published
- And countless images of inspiration and #blacklove 🙂
We’d love for you to take a stroll down memory lane with us as we share all of our past covers. Which one was your favorite?
So what’s next?
Just like the magazine was needed back in 2010, there is much more that is needed in 2020. In the next couple of weeks, we are revealing something new and amazing that will totally enhance the multicultural wedding industry. It’s pretty next level! And we can not wait to share the newest addition to the MunaLuchi family.
Sign up for our newsletter to get notified of our newest addition!
READ ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE